Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Working on the background






I didn't look at any particular artist for the mandala just some older designs and also different mandala designs I found that inspired me.





Start of the background


Close-up



Mandala and circle started


Mandala is formed



The next step was adding the whites to the background and adding a mandala around the the circle that would fit as simple but still complex almost looking like some different types of stone work. This mandala also had to fit with the toroid pattern in the background as well. Mandala art has always been inspiring for me even at a young age, I really like how everything can just build off of each other from this circle, forming different patterns. I looked at past drawing I did of mandalas and other mandala symbols to figure out a good simple but still complex design that didn't take to much away from the circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment