Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Progress


This is a piece by Jim Warren that inspired my color scheme and also introduced me to a new surreal artist that I really like. I am excited to explore more of Jim Warrens art.






circle of Montana Lake 


close-up on water drops


I finished the circle into the next realm and it took me a little longer than the Triangle because I was unsure about the color scheme. Colors can be tricky for me sometimes because I am red and green colored blind. I started looking for new surreal artist for inspiration and found Jim Warren which helped me along the way for this circle. I ran into a couple stop sign during this painting a couple in particular was making sure the water drops didn't blend to much in with the background blue also the color of the frame. I needed the frame to stand out but not to drastic, so I chose a gold look to make the frame fit with the greens and blues that where in the painting.  



No comments:

Post a Comment