Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Live Painting Inspiration




I have had the pleasure of meeting and painting with Emily Kell Before and she is an amazing artist and  an even better person. Her art has been very inspirational for me since I first saw it when I my friend Steven Teller showed me. Steven Teller is another amazing artist and friend who went to SCAD with Emily. Her work with the transparency white is amazing and has been some inspiration for this painting.



1904 music hall


1904 Music hall


1904 music Hall


The Roots, Bear Creek Music Festival 2013


Bonobo Live Band, Bear Creek 2013


Bonobo Live Band, Bear Creek Music Festival 2013



One of my favorite things to do is live paint at different music events. It has such an incredible amount of energy between you, the painting, the band on stage, and the crowd especially around you. Also painting next to other amazing painters that can put there feed back and two cents in what they think about it. This is how I came up with the Idea of adding a glow to the pattern in the background to add as if the triangle was illuminating of the canvas. This amazing artist Emily Kell who I have painted with a couple times at Suwanee Music Park gave me this advice while setting up to paint at Bonobo Live Band. I went for it and it slowly but surely was coming together. This painting eventually was painted at couple shows such as The Roots, Lettuce, Dumpstaphunk, and in Jacksonville at 1904 music hall. This adds more of a connection for me and the crowd because they watch all weekend as the panting develops more an more each day and gets shared with a big audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment