Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Adding the Grid



Kris Davidson an Athens artist who has inspired me since high school with his pattern work and sacred geometry skills has always been an element I wanted to add in my art work. After getting a tattoo from him I got to see first hand and ask questions just how he does this work. Ever since then I have been working on integrating geometric pattern in to my work.




I added a grid that is designed out of hexagons to create different triangles to connect the pattern with the triangle. I used a white charcoal pencil to outline it first and will go from there. The developments that are happening is adding a to create something simple looking but still has a complex feel to it. My thoughts about adding the grid is to create what is around us even though we cant see it. The grid is all around I am bringing out to you in the painting and showing how it connects with nature. It is combining both design and nature in one thing which intrigues me as an artist natural design.


No comments:

Post a Comment