Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Progress




These two Dali paintings are were inspiration for the triangle. How the clocks are melting off of things and the color scheme of he used for the desert gave me inspiration for my colors.   






Close-up on red 


I added the finishing touches on the Triangle that is entering the next realm. Some developments that have been happening in this painting are adding the water and the half moon with lotus flower above. The lotus flower is representing the rebirth of myself during this cross country trip I took and found a lot of inspiration in Utah especially how water used to be everywhere there. I was questioning how to do the water and make it look as if it realistic but still have the surreal feel to it. This triangle has helped me expand my color palette and learn to trust my decisions I make instead of dwelling on what it might look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment