Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Two Paintings of the Series (Montana and Utah inspired)




These two painting reflect two amazing places that both gave me great inspiration in what I want my painting to go towards. It made me want to create surreal landscapes that I have seen and experienced that I could not believe were real to see in person. Then combine it with my new love for sacred geometry and the meaning and symbolism behind it. The colors and landscapes go with the experience I had at both places relaxing blues and greens in Montana that were surreal to even see with so many bright blues and greens everywhere. Then Utah that was intense with canyons and red rocks everywhere. The desert was hot intense and beautiful at the same time. Truly felt like I was on mars and  in a Dali painting. That journey I took I will never forget and it has given me the inspiration to do these paintings and more in the future. These paintings were also a journey of trying something new and challenging with going more detailed with my art and using patterns to fit with my imagery. I wanted to work on my craftsmanship as well as combining the old artist with the new artist I am becoming. These paintings have helped me explore and develop my skills which has helped push my boundaries and try new things. I am going to keep exploring more with this style and continue to challenge myself with new obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment